Monday, May 13, 2013

Well considering that when I first said that I was going to write a blog, Bun said 'what do you want to do that for?', it has now been viewed over 2000 times!  I'm quietly impressed hahaha

I decided to do this primarily so that family could keep abreast of where we are (or have been) and what we are doing workwise.  As an added bonus it will remind us in later years of places we've visited and people we've met and can be printed up into a hard cover book.

It was interesting when we were home in Feb/March to have various people say that they'd had a look on the blog, particularly for Bun as I really don't think he thought that it would be read by anyone outside of the family.  In fact, funnily enough Bun hasn't read it at all!

When we left Lightning Ridge, we went through Hebel and on to St George, stopping for a walk around town.   We decided to go a little further that afternoon and camped beside the Warroo Bridge, about half way between St George and Surat.  

The photos below were taken at our overnight stop.





The following day took us back to Killawarra, above Moonie.  We were welcomed back with open arms by the 3 generations of the Hirst family!  It was lovely to see them all again.  We are probably going to be here until the end of May, leaving just in time to go back to Wee Waa for the job to start on 3rd June.

Having arrived on Friday afternoon, we found out that the Goondiwindi Show was on the following day so we went along for a look.


Bun was pleased to see the old Sandman ute, it took him back a LOT of years to his youth hahaha


This Razorback ute took out the Feral section of the ute competition, I don't think there was anything else that could really compete with it!  Check out what is hanging from the towhitch!  By the way, the ute stunk something rotten too!



Thought I'd better include these two just for guys to drool over :)



I've never seen this done at shows before but the kids looked to be enjoying it!


I really love the sunsets up here, you're just lucky I culled all the photos down to one.


We've spent the last 2 Sunday mornings in Mim's garden, with Bun working his usual magic with the electric snips and chainsaw.  Mim loves him coming to visit, I think.


This ugly/cute dog was in the main street of Dalby on Saturday, he's a French Mastiff.  I sent these photos to Callie and she loved the wrinkles!  What's the saying about it being a face that only a mother could love??



Mother's day breakfast for me was Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon (just missing the spinach), it was very yummy and was lovingly prepared by.....me!   There's no way Bun would have cooked anything like that hahaha

Bun is keeping busy here, working with Andrew most days.  We had a slow start today as there was about 4ml of rain overnight.  Not really enough to be useful, apart from keeping the dust down, but every little bit helps.  

I went to exercises with Mim yesterday morning and have a few sore muscles today :)
Last week there was a sit and stitch day in Moonie, followed by pilates later in the afternoon.  It was good to meet some of the local ladies and gave me the kick up the butt I needed to start hand-quilting.  I have been working on a quilt for a special little girl (due to arrive in August) and I have finished it!!
All I need to do is quilt her name on it now :))

I deliberately didn't bring the sewing machine on this trip and only brought along hand-sewing projects, knitting and crocheting so that it would encourage me to finish some of them LOL!
So one quilt is done, the scarf I'm knitting is almost done and a small hand-stitchery is half-done.  That still leaves me with plenty of projects to keep me busy until we get home.  It's probably a good thing that we don't have TV reception here because it means I'm more likely to work on things during the day and in the evening.  When we first went away in the van last year, I overheard Bun tell a bloke at the caravan park in Cobar 'She knits mate, it's great, she has to count so she can't talk!'  Don't you just love that guy's thinking??

When we were talking to Ben on the weekend, he is due to get wisdom teeth out in July and he was sussing us out about where we would be.  The thought being that 'maybe Mum could come and look after me?'   Got to love the way kids always want Mum when they're sick!
We talked to all the kids on Sunday and everyone is well.  Ben is hoping to hear next month whether he can get a posting to Adelaide so we'll keep our fingers crossed for him.  Josh and Kara are fine and bubs is growing well.  Callie is still looking for work so we'll keep everything crossed that she gets something soon and Steven is apparently enjoying the new job.

I think that's probably it for now but I saw this on Pinterest the 
other day so thought I'd share :)


Cheers
Anne



2 comments:

  1. Hahaha that comment about not talking wouldn't apply to you at all Anne! Can you put up progress photos of your quilting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee thanks Sarah :))
      I will wait for a nice day and take a photo of the quilt and share it with you but not going to show it on the blog until its been handed over ;)

      Delete