Thursday, October 10, 2013

Breaking news!!  Callie has got a job YAY!!!  She has landed the position of Graphic Design/Marketing Assistant at Bianco Construction Supplies in Newton.  She is VERY happy, it has been a long, long six months without work and we are all so pleased for her.  Amongst other comments yesterday, she said 'Yay! Now Steven has to cook too!'  She said that it only took her about 10 minutes to get there, off-peak hours of course, but still pretty close to home.  The dogs are definitely going to miss having her home though :)


Someone's peeking!!


Don't you love kids that just hate to miss out on anything!! Kasiah is just like her Daddy haha


Random photos through this post of paddocks  and yet more paddocks.


Thelma has been a great help, cooking risotto for tea one night, immediately followed up by sticky date pudding!  She's a hit in this household!


I had a surprise lunch out the day before my birthday, compliments of Sylvana and James :))
Poor Sylvana made all the arrangements with the restaurant in Broken Hill and the florist and then had to change it all 2 or 3 times because our day off kept changing.  Planting time is notorious for changing plans and Bun and Sylvana were kept busy with phone calls to stay up to date with the changes haha


On my birthday I received a call (out in the middle of the paddock) from Martin and after chatting, he and Belinda sent me this great photo.  The message read along the lines of  'since you have to work today, we have decided to honour your birthday and celebrate for you.  We will down tools for the day and start with a drink, followed by a swim, and back it up with another drink and a cheese platter!'

My reply was ' I hate you now!'



At the tail end of the day.




Col the boss getting my tractor ready to go.







One day I had a front row view of the plane landing, filling up with fertiliser and taking off again.


The paddocks look like they go on forever......


Thelma made the caravan smell nice one afternoon, chocolate brownies ready to slice :)


Nearly a week later and the balloon was still floating!


The ag pilot was spraying in the paddock next to me and they fly seriously low!!  I think the wheels must only clear the top of the channel by 1-2 metres and he was turning just above me for a couple of hours that day.



The hawks here love to get the worms as the ground is turned over.  The flocks must be in hundreds and they sit in front and then behind the tractor as you move along.  Bun has taken some photos with his phone so once he sends them to my phone I'll put them up on here.


Yesterday, Thursday, was a pretty disgusting day weather-wise and the paddock I was working in was awful too.  I said to the boss that if that had been my first day, it would have been my last!! :))
I would have much preferred to be sitting in the van yesterday however Callie's good news made the day fantastic!!



I finished work last night but Bun is still working.  So this morning I have done ALL the washing, dishes are done and peppermint tea is ready.  We are unsure of our movements from here but will definitely be home by the end of the month.

I am going to do some training in Adelaide on Nov 14/15 to become a Thermomix consultant!!  I had become seriously bored with cooking and now I'm ready to roll. So my birthday present could end up being a part-time job?  Bun will be congratulating himself on that one, I think!!
 I'm looking to do demo's along the road next year and see how that works out.  In any case, I'm loving trying new things and Bun is very partial to sticky date pudding, I haven't made the icecream yet but it's coming!!  So if anyone is interested in seeing how they work, sing out!  There's no pressure, just a get-together with some friends where I would come and cook a few things for you.  I think Callie is going to be my first sale LOL.  Once she had played with it in Winkie, she said that as soon as she got a job, she was going to get a 'Louise'!!

Anyway I think that's enough of a catch up for now
Cheers
Anne




No comments:

Post a Comment