Monday, September 30, 2013

Callie loves to keep us updated with Boof photos, this was taken on a warmer September day and she said that he would use any puddle to cool down :)





Callie took this photo at the zoo, it was such an amazing thing to be that close!


Kasiah is smiling all the time now and in this one I said she is just showing off now!  What a cheeky little face :)  I think Josh and Kara will have their hands full with this one hahaha


One big benefit of still being at home in September was being able to celebrate Sylvana's 50th birthday with her!!  Although we had to leave before she had her party, we were there on the day :)


We got back to Tandou Farm on Sunday 22nd with Bun starting work the following day.  The above photo is of the gym equipment here, I was on the treadmill when I took this. My plan here is to hit the treadmill on the days that I'm not working.  We were unsure how much work I would get here so exercise, sewing and cooking are on my list of things to do (with maybe a few books read too).  However work has rudely interrupted my working holiday LOL.  I started on Friday and am lucky enough to be finished each day around 5-5.30 so I have time to do the washing and fix tea before Bun gets back about 8pm.  Work is expected to continue full-on for the next 10-14 days to finish the planting however with the small amount of rain we got last night, we have a quiet morning at camp while the bosses work out whether things will crank up again after lunch.  The clay soil here is awful after a rain so it's a case of wait and see.  We are hopeful of getting Saturday off to head to Broken Hill for the day but it will depend on work.


I found the perfect spot in the van for Thelma! So far I've made tuna dip, beetroot salad, broccoli salad, chocolate brownies, banana bread and the stand-out, beef stroganoff!!  I found a recipe for it on-line that said it was for 'wimpy kids' and I thought that sounds about right for Bun lol.  I left out the onion because of him, but all I had to do was put all the ingredients in and switch it on for 20 minutes and it was done!!!  Tasted great and such a time saver for the nights that we are both working, I LOVE my birthday present.  If we don't get to go to work this afternoon, I'm thinking that making anzac biscuits would be good because having the oven on will warm up the van.  It's come in so cold now, after yesterday when it got up to about 37-38 now I have my ugg boots on again!


This is the rig I have been using this week, it goes over the beds and loosens up the soil on the top of the beds ready for planting.



Some of the paddocks look huge.


I spent a day using this rig called a bed shaper.




I was waiting for some work to be done on the rig the other morning before I could start so starting taking some photos to pass the time.




And this one shows that I finally have the long legs that I've always wanted LOL

On a positive note, although Ben didn't get the posting that he wanted, he has found a new place to live. He wanted to live on his own again and has found an inner-city studio apartment with a large balcony.  He told me that his favourite pizza restaurant is downstairs, a great artisan bakery is across the road along with a bottleshop, the best coffee place is next door and its 500 metres to the Civic shopping centre!  I said it sounds great for visitors haha but I think visitors might need to bring their swags and camp out on the balcony because of lack of space!

Callie and Steven had a weekend back in the Riverland and enjoyed catching up with family and friends, plus the dogs really loved their time in the river :)  

Josh and Kara are doing well and are constantly receiving smiles from Kasiah.  We will be so pleased to see her when we get back from Tandou.  Babies change so quickly and she is two months old already!  

I think that's about it for now
Cheers
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment