Friday, September 6, 2013

A brief trip to Adelaide so that the kids could surprise me with an early birthday present.  We will be back at Tandou in October so they decided to get in beforehand.  Of course, we just had to squeeze in some cuddle time with Kasiah as well :)


I had absolutely no idea what the kids had planned for me until we were almost at the Zoo.  After we parked, they gave me this voucher for a Big Cat Experience.  They had decided that it was too hard to give me 'something' because of travelling so instead I got an 'experience' !!



I spent about an hour and a half with a couple of other people and two keepers seeing the behind the scenes stuff to do with caring for the tigers and lions.  More importantly, I got to feed a tiger and two lions!!!   Amazing to be up that close to them :))




If the weather had been a little drier and a little warmer we probably would have spent a bit more time at the zoo but Bun, Ben and Callie had been looking around while I was busy.  Then we headed down to Glenelg for lunch before Bun and I went to see Kara and Kasiah.


Callie is dwarfed by Storm :))



My birthday present from Bun is a Thermomix and the Chocolate Almond Cake above was the second thing I made with it.  It is now in the kitchen at home but will be travelling in the van with us.  It is an amazing piece of machinery and I'm looking forward to playing with it :)
Callie seems to think that she'll be able to 'borrow' it but that is NOT going to happen.  Ali at Tandou thinks that she could 'babysit' it when I'm in a tractor, also NOT going to happen :))


Anyway that's all my big news for now
Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anne, two very cool birthday presents! Was wondering how you got so close to the tigers when I saw the pics on fb. How's thermy going? I saw a demo about four years ago and just thought I don't like being a kitchen person enough to get my monies worth. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete