Wednesday, November 4, 2015

So this update has been a long time coming.......as per usual our plans changed and I have been working out on a cattle station for the last 8 weeks and there wasn't much internet service.
We left home in mid-August and the following photos were taken on the trip to Broome.


We camped overnight at Wolfe Creek Meteor site and managed to stay alive!




After catching up with Garry briefly in Broome, we headed out to Deep Water Point to meet Barry and Anna who we were replacing.  Unfortunately for me, the bugs began to bite me straight away and within a couple of days I had blisters from sandfly bites.  We quickly realised that six months there was not going to be a good option for me.  
 Luckily we had kept in contact with Amy from Myroodah Station from our short stint there last year.  After a message to her hoping to catch up in Broome, I was happy to hear that they were after a 'fill-in' cook for a few weeks.  So it worked out that I went to Myroodah to cook for the last 8 weeks, finishing up yesterday.  Bun stayed at Deep Water Point for the 2 weeks on shift and came to the station every third week.



We had a short trip along the Gibb River Road from the Derby end.  We hadn't done that section last year so it was good to see the rest of the road.






We played around with cameras and tried some different settings.  We still have so much to learn!





I'm very glad that we did the camping before the weather heated up too much.


Bell Gorge was well worth the visit.






Although I only spent a couple of weeks at Deep Water Point, the views are great and there are beautiful sunsets.


At the Point House, there's an outdoor toilet and shower!  You're screened from the house by rocks but any boats going past would have quite the view!!














Some of the cute poddies out at Myroodah.






That's a quick catch up of the photos that had already been downloaded to the laptop.  I've just downloaded another 500+ so I'll do another update in the next couple of days.

Oh and of course, the biggest news was the arrival of the gorgeous Kayah Fiona on 16th October!!!  I will grab some photos and update asap!!
Cheers
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment