Thursday, August 21, 2014


Here's the birthday girl!!  What a little cutie pie :))

We're so proud of these three, they've dealt with a lot of changes and stresses in the last year and come out smiling at the end of it!

We're missing all the kids and I like to think they're all missing us too but the year is flying by and we'll be home before we know it!







 When we left Broome, having organised to come out to Myroodah Station, we stayed in Derby for two nights and this gorgeous boy was just next to us.  Certainly made us homesick for Boof hahaha





Although I was well when I spoke to Pam here about doing the cooking job, I started to feel unwell later the same day.....talk about bad timing!   I had the sore throat, snot thing happening but didn't really think it would be too bad.  We did give Pam the option to tell us that she didn't need a 'sick' cook but ended up coming to the station anyway.  Below is the crossing over the Fitzroy River on the road in.


I would have loved to stay in Broome for the Stairway to the Moon but they really needed someone out here to start before that.  So this was what I ended up with :)



Above was the sunset and I turned around 180deg for the moon rising below.



The photo above was my view from the kitchen window just after the stockmen had left after the breakfast shift.  We were up at 4.30 every morning for the 5.30 breakfast, smoko and lunch were made up by the guys at breakfast time and then tea was at 6.30.  Consequently I was busy baking after breakfast most days to keep up the supply of cakes and biscuits.  They are particularly happy with leftovers made into pies in our little pie maker!



After I had started to feel better by the middle of this week, I realised just how sick I was last week!  Bun said he can't remember me ever being that sick and to be honest I think it was when I had glandular fever 30 (!) years ago hahaha
We actually think that Bun was a bit crook too, with a watered down version of what I had,  I said it was 'man-flu'!!
We were talking to Pam this morning and said that we think the guys were actually lucky they were fed last week because we're not really sure how we got through it, thankfully Amy the backpacker did 3 mornings shifts over last weekend and I had some much needed daytime sleeps which really helped.  
Last Friday Bun took me to the clinic at the local aboriginal community to see the nurse to see whether anti-biotics would help. After she gave me some tablets, we headed back to the station.  About 10 minutes down the road, I had to vomit and Bun decided that we would go back to see her again.  She said that maybe I had a 'sensitivity' to the tablets so then she spoke to a doctor in Derby and got me something else to take.....anyway we are definitely on the mend now thank goodness!


Since I've felt a bit better this week and not needed so many naps, we actually got a chance to go looking around when I wasn't in the kitchen.  They have been mustering with helicopters and then doing the yardwork with the cattle.






I love the colours in the photo above.





I've taken a few more photos in the last couple of days but have been struggling with downloading them due to the service dropping in and out so I'll probably try again when we leave here.

The cook that we were filling in for will be returning on Sunday so we will probably do our cleaning and washing on Monday and head off on Tuesday.  Bun said we will probably just go down to the river crossing and camp out there for a couple of days downtime :)
There's no point going straight to the National Parks to walk the gorges until I've had a few days break as I'm still getting a bit tired and breathless which won't work well with walking!

That's it for now
Cheers
Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment